Tuesday, December 17, 2013

DIY Homemade Christmas Gift: Seashell Necklace

Back in the summer, I had the idea to make homemade Christmas presents for my friends and family. I was inspired while walking on a beach in Cape Cod collecting shells for my seashell mirror. I saw a few shells that had a natural hole in them made by the ocean. I then had an idea to make jewelry out of these shells. They would be scallop and jingle seashell necklaces. Here, I will show you the step by step on how to make them!

Step 1: Handpick the seashells of your favorite beach.
Step 2: Put holes into the seashells. Here's a link on how to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRTv7tuX-u8 (Tip: Make sure you do this on a piece of cardboard and be very gentle with the shells). 
Step 3. Put a jump ring into the hole. Jump rings can be found at any craft store. 

Step 4. Loop through the jump ring any type of string, rope, or chain. I used hemp for a more natural organic look. 
Step 5. Tie the rope like a necklace and the gift is ready! 

Step 6. Wrap the necklace up in tissue paper and place it in a little box or stocking or bag with a signature note! Here was my signature note:



No comments: