Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Debbie's Bday Din

So today was my mom's birthday and because I am the only chef in the house besides my mom, I got to make her dinner. She suggested something light (classic Debbie) and went for crab cakes. Of course, Maryland is known for their crabcakes but I decided to take a different route. Cooking Light Magazine has this great recipe for crab cakes that I used, in return. I gave my own little spin to the recipe by leaving a few things out and adding a little more in and they were delish. As an added bonus, I made lemon cucumber water, a recipe Lauren Keech gave to me yesterday and I was dying to try it! It was so delicious and refreshing. The perfect drink for a summer day!

Here are some pictures:

The ingredients:


The ingredient mixture:


The final piece served over a bed of greens:


The lemon cucumber water:





No comments: